- Is literacy a good tool?
- Can literacy develop into a good tool for assessment?
If students can use language to express themselves and religious ideas surely they must have a good grasp of the subject in order to be able to do so?
- Yes on the one hand – i.e. I can use the phrases without necessarily needing to explain them because I already understand their background/meaning
- No on the other hand – i.e. I can use the word but I cannot explain it and I am not sure if I am using the right meaning but I am going to use it anyway
- Which scholars can I use to back this up?
Is literacy a bad tool as it automatically prohibits those who have weak literacy
- Use of TAs etc as scribes – verbal literacy is just as powerful as written literacy for assessment.